All major insurance carriers accept and encourage Paintless Dent Repair as a solution for hail damage. Before you jump into the claims process, there are a few things you should know.
- Hail damage is a comprehensive claim, which means your insurance rates will not increase.
- Your insurance provider will most likely give you a list of suggested vendors for your PDR. You are not required to use the suggested vendors.
Here’s why you shouldn’t: Those suggested vendors are under a contract with your insurance provider, which means they are required to charge you a deductible—Dent Bros helps you with your deductible. We work with your independent adjuster on your behalf, so your repair is approved at the proper level, not at a discounted level. This means we can assure you the highest quality of service, as well as our lifetime guarantee. To get started with your claims process, contact your insurance company either online or phone to file your claim.
Starting the Claims Process
Call your Insurance Company : Your insurance company’s claims department telephone number is listed on your insurance card you keep in your vehicle. Be prepared to provide the insurance company with the following information:
- Policy Number
- Year, Make, Model and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your Hail Damaged Vehicle(s)
- Date and approximate time of the Hail Storm
- Address or Nearest Cross Streets where damage occurred
- The area of vehicle that was damaged.
Your insurance will generate a claim number for your vehicle. If they don’t offer to give you a claim number, ask for one. This number is crucial for repair facilities and rental car companies.
Your insurance company will usually do one of the following:
- Schedule a time for you to go to one of their direct repair facilities to have the hail damage inspected.
Schedule a time for one of their appraisers to come to your home, work or your body shop of choice to appraise the damage.
By law you may choose the shop of your choice to repair your vehicle, it is against the law for them to tell you where to get your car repaired.
Regardless of the method; once you have a copy of the initial insurance estimate you can call Dent Bros to schedule your car for repairs OR you can just drop off your damaged vehicle, fill out your claim information and we will handle the rest….STRESS FREE!!!